Before I get into the meat of this post, For a very limited time following the publication of this post, the Ocean Crawler Core Diver is available at a "Welcome OC to WatchGauge" price of $799!!! That's $200 less than the $999 MSRP!
Now for the post...
I have been a big fan of Ocean Crawler for some time, and brand owner Christian and I have been friends for over a year now.
On a recent trip to Washington, DC for the District Time show, Christian and I solidified our business plan together and I couldn't be more stoked!
For those of you unfamiliar, Ocean Crawler makes what can be considered some of the most serious diver's watches in the micro brand world and their Core Diver (their newest model) is no different!
Available in 6 color variations.
Here are the specs:
- Case Diameter (excluding crown): 44mm
- Case Thickness: 15.6mm, Lug-To-Lug: 50mm, Lug Width: 22mm
- Case Material: 316L Stainless steel
- Bezel: Unidirectional Rotating Sapphire Bezel with 120 Clicks and BGW9 Markers
- Movement: Swiss Made Selitta Sw-200
- Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour
- Water Resistance: 600 meters, 2000-feet or 60 ATM
- Power Reserve: 40 hours
In case you missed it, the Core Diver is rated to 2000 feet of water resistance! That is serious to say the least. I asked Christian if they actually test them to that depth and he said "No... We actually test them to +30% of that". That means that each watch is tested to 2,600 feet!!!
As I always do, I've created a video for the WatchGauge Youtube Channel on the Brand New Ocean Crawler Core Diver. Enjoy!